Friday, August 26, 2011

The Magic Feather Project - My Work

I just finished this fun embroidery work for The Magic Feather Project for fiber artist Jude Hill.  She is hoping to collect 1000 feathers from her blog viewers and then assemble them into a larger work that will go to a charitable organization.  To read more about this cool idea and to make a feather go to www.spiritcloth.typepad.com and click on the Magic Feather icon and it takes you right to it. 
Enjoy!
In case you are interested my background fabric came from my Aunt Elena's tea towels that she embroidered when she was a young girl (probably around 1925).  I inherited them when she passed away 3 years ago. When I read about Jude's project and that she wanted the feather cloth to tell a story I thought of my Aunt's towels and how they have a story to them. 

1 comment: