Thursday, October 25, 2018

THE GREAT AMERICAN SHAKE-OUT

What's really strange is that whenever we participate in the statewide Shake Out in October,
it always feels like earthquake weather.
The Santa Ana's (heavy blowing winds) have dried out the humidity from summer,
it's unusually warm that day,
and if you are a native Californian it just feels like earthquake weather in your gut.
This feeling was debunked the other day on the radio,
but a lot of us Californians feel this way.
Here is my class in the middle row surrounded by 6 other classes.
This just represents a small portion of the entire school.
I couldn't get my camera to shoot all the classes out in the field.
Notice how we are the only group sitting on the grass?
It's because I told the students to bring their stitching out with them
 so we wouldn't lose any class time on their Eco-Dye Banners,
their current final.
Here is our team leader of the class,
senior Chloe Chang,
a ceramics and crafts student extraordinaire.
She actually took it upon herself to grab the helmet that each teacher has in their room,
and our first aid kit,
something she knew I'd probably forget to bring out.
She knows me well,
ha ha!
She looks so adorable in the cap that I told her to keep it on.
Notice her stitching in her hand?
:)
Here is a close-up of all my cuties stitching away.
And below we have a group of senior beauties happy to be out in the beautiful weather;
Denise, Victoria, Taylor, Hailey and Valeree.
I've known these sweet young women since they were little 7th graders.
It's such a treat to have them back with me all grown up.

2 comments:

  1. Head slap moment: I should have had some stitching to grab when I taught high school ... where we had bomb scares on a regular basis, for years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, bomb scares??? That's just crazy! I think we've only had 2 lockdowns that I can remember for bank robbers running across our campus. I always have a stitching bag with me in my classroom and wherever I go. On Wednesday we have an 8 hour training workshop while subs take our classes to learn about cultural differences and kindness and so forth. I'm bringing with me 3 different projects Ha ha xoxox

      Delete