Friday, October 19, 2018

NEW INTRODUCTIONS ARE IN ORDER

VALUE SCALES
7TH GRADE ART WHEEL - 3RD QUARTER - 2017-2018
graphite & colored pencil accents

Let me introduce you
 to probably one of the most talented 7th graders I had the pleasure of working with last year,
Itzel Huerta.
The piece above was the very first piece she created for me
 and when she turned it in I was blown out of the water.
Can you find her 3 value scales in the piece?

OMG, 
this is so not 7th grade level.
I was absolutely delighted to have her aboard.
And lucky for me she is back this year for more!

Another awesome talent was Jaden Sioson
Almost everything he created was shared with the class.
His designs were always outstanding.

And then there was Mai-ly Dinh.
What a super fun imaginative piece!
I adored it!
Feels to me like an illustration for a children's book.
And check out how she used the colored pencil in the tree area.
Fabulous texture by using circles of color.

And then there was Raiche Gutierrez with this super cool piece.
Where do these kids come up with these great design ideas????
And then to already know how to work with colored pencil.
Truly remarkable.

I am a lucky woman!!!

3 comments:

  1. I was too busy looking at Itzel's finely turned lines at the edge of the lily and at the top of the mushroom stem to find all three scales (I did find two)

    Jaden's rainbow paintbrush is wonderfully imagined

    Mai-ly's doomed tree drew me in, but it was the background that sent me looking at Diego Rivera murals

    And Raiche's crystals (especially the cluster in the upper right) sent me on a fractal hunt

    You are indeed a lucky woman to have such talent in your room ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 scales are under mushroom cap, along lily stem and under horizon line.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete