Sunday, October 7, 2018

KEEPING IN TOUCH

2018 Alumni Tiffany Chen,
one of my top art students last year,
is in her 1st Semester at Art Center in Pasadena along with Alum Sarah Oh
who I focused on last week.
I recently asked Tiffany if she had any finished pieces she could photo 
and send so we could see what she's been up to.
She sent me several works from her various classes,
but it was these two that really fascinated me and I wanted to share with my students.

In this piece for Tiffany's Composition and Drawing Class
she had to draw a scene of a person split into 3 parts:
skeletal structure, clothed, and nude.
What a challenging first project!
And what was even more difficult about this drawing 
was that Tiffany worked in a 3/4 view for all 3 parts instead of doing the easier frontal or profile.
Wow!!
I love how realistic the toes and fingers look Tiff.
Fantastic job young woman,
 and what a cool assignment!

And I adore this assignment as well for her Perspective Class.
Tiffany had to draw a bridge with 3 arches in 2 Point Perspective.
I love that we can see all her work underneath the bridge.
I cannot wait to try this myself and perhaps incorporate it into my Perspective Unit next year.
Thank you Tiffany for these two very inspirational pieces,
and of course for sharing them with all of us.

Please send more when you can.
I miss seeing your gentle sweet smile to start my day with.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no ... I think I hit "Older Post" instead of "Publish" ... GAH!

    Okay, I think what I just wrote is that I'm thrilled to see Tiffany's work. And that I love the setting for her Composition drawing, with the rocks visible below the surface and the toes so believably dipping into the water. But the skeletal bit is not my fav, due mainly to the visceral response it evokes (which is an indication that it is absolutely successfully "believable" and makes me wonder: is she melting into the water?).

    As for the bridge, I once again look back to the days when I would have loved being in a mechanical drawing class, but girls weren't allowed to take them in my 1970s high school years. That said, this goes far beyond (ha!) ... the implied lines and sketched forms absolutely delight the eye.

    Thanks for sharing Tiffany's studies ... I do hope there will be more to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Liz, I forgot all about that business about boys only in those wood shop classes and all. Times have really changed!

      Delete