Wednesday, October 24, 2018

ALUMNI ART

A special request was made by our library tech Jennifer Castillo- Hernandez 
at the beginning of the school year.
She asked me if I had any students who would be able to paint a watercolor of her daughter
from a photo she had taken over the summer.
I immediately thought of both 2018 alums Tiffany Chen and Sarah Oh
Both can watercolor beautifully.
Sarah was too busy with the start of her new school but Tiffany was able to do it.
So here is her interpretation of Jen's daughter.
Lovely Tiff!
I believe this was taken in the Long Beach Marina Harbor at Mother's Beach.
I think Jen and her kids were there watching our JAWS Dragon Boat team practice.
Jen is a huge supporter of our students,
and the kids here at Whitney adore her.
I really love how Tiffany handles the sand,
brilliant job woman!
And I also really like the delicate transparency and feel of the work as well.
The implied ink lines help to pop the subjects.

3 comments:

  1. The foreground is beautifully done, but I think my favorite part is the denim detailing. Picture perfect.

    And hooray for library techs! After many years of school librarianship I am now volunteering in my grandson's elementary school library where the tech is part-time. It makes me happy to know that I can leave an empty shelving cart for her to find the morning after I come by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, that's so cool Liz about volunteering. I would so love to do that for one of my grandchildren one of these days too. You are such an inspiration.

      Delete
    2. Oh my gosh, that's so cool Liz about volunteering. I would so love to do that for one of my grandchildren one of these days too. You are such an inspiration.

      Delete