Sunday, October 14, 2018

HOT WATER, SOAP AND AGITATION

FELT VESSEL
INTERMEDIATE 3-D ART
dyed wool rovings, wash board, hot water, soap

Some years I have the kids work & felt over a children's bouncy ball from the grocery store,
but senior Rachel Kannampuzha wanted to try felting a 3-d form from scratch.
I had her watch several you-tube videos before she began.
She understood how to felt flat because we did that in the Beginning 3-D class.
so this was a natural transition that she really enjoyed.
Rachel especially loved working with the colors I had available that I had purchased from
Gleason's Fine Woolie's Ranch in Lyons Colorado.
She also was required to learn how to do basketry coiling 
so she could incorporate it into her piece.
She ended up using it as an ending lip treatment.
I really loved the contrast between the cool color on the inside and the warms on the outside.
A stunning piece Rachel!
Very proud of you.
xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. If only the agita of real life yielded end results as pleasing as this ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I so enjoyed the way this turned out.

    ReplyDelete