Thursday, October 4, 2018

OUR LITTLEST BOY IS GROWING UP

Here was little Granger (my cutie patootie) at 8 weeks when I introduced him on July 22nd
with his Uncle Bogie,
mine and my ex's Rat Terrier. 
And now here he is almost 2 1/2 months later almost all grown up.
He is weighting in at 25 pounds and the Vet thinks he will probably grow to as much as 45 pds.
But he still has his adorable puppy ways going on;
biting, chewing, almost potty trained but still having accidents and hiding his mommy's shoes.
My daughter is training him daily with the help of a real trainer who comes to the house
once every two weeks.
Blue Heelers like Granger are super smart and he is learning quickly.
He also needs at least 2 hours of daily exercise
which includes lots of running and chasing.
So my daughter takes him to dog beach at least 3 times a week when she's off work,
and then to several different dog parks everyday.
He also gets taken to his other grands every weekend to their beach house 
and romps for hours on the sand with their dogs (his other Uncles).
And I can't forget to mention the puppy smoothies his mom buys him at Starbucks
as treats for when he is a good boy.
Smoothies for dogs???
What a gimmick!
ha ha
There is a ranch in Long Beach where Red and Blue Healers (Cattle Dogs)
can run for 6 minutes with a flock of sheep and practice their natural herding tendencies.
Apparently after 6 minutes they are utterly exhausted.
I can't wait to take him there.
He's already so fast.
Right now he's long and skinny,
and has passed up his Uncle Bogey.
Danielle continues to work on his socialization skills.
Ha ha
There is a couple at Dog Beach who rescue 2 legged dogs.
Here is Granger with one of those sweet pups.
Here are the two of them below the other night waiting for my daughter and I to come home.
They are sitting side by side at my ex's home facing the front door.
He took this pix and said they sat there the whole time we were out to dinner.
Way too cute!

2 comments: