Thursday, July 21, 2016

FOR THE LOVE OF A TREE

AN EXERCISE
ADVANCED 3-D ART
gesso & acrylic paint

In the post from 2 days ago,
 I did a wee bit of ranting about how some art teachers 
have the kids do the exact same thing.
Brush this way, make the line curve this way, etc.,
 which brings me great distress.
Just like is done in those Wine & Paint places.
Though I have to admit,
it is fun to drink and paint.
I think in these two exercises below in acrylic,
 both boys have given a completely different flavor to their trees,
which makes my heart soar!
This was not an assignment,
but an exercise.
Both trees I felt were extremely lovely and sensitive.
Sadly we ran out of time to complete this exercise.
This was only the beginning.

Above is senior Elias Rodriquez,
and below is senior Jonathan Hsu.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I think it's a good thing to stop before you expect to ... it can save you from overworking a piece. I know how sad it can be to see something fresh get muddied. By contrast, these two will be forever young ...

    ReplyDelete