Wednesday, May 2, 2018

LETS PLAY BALL

GRAPHITE SPHERES
7TH GRADE ART WHEEL - 1ST QUARTER - 2017-2018
graphite on paper w/ colored pencil accents

The 2nd assignment for these newbie 7th graders was to turn a circle into a sphere,
establish  a horizon, 
put in a cast shadow,
 and to build in a pleasing border to help fill negative space.
Let's see what they came up with.
My personal favorite was this creative piece by Serena Lee.
So playful and it keeps my eyes moving around the piece to see all the ants & their antics.

I felt this next one by Anika Kasula had a very sophisticated fore & background.
Plus I really like the extra touch of color mixed with graphite.

Sara Wong did an outstanding job with this assignment as well.
She drew to the scale of the paper which can be challenging for 7th graders.

And David Song came up with such a terrific border idea.

We end with very sweet Azalea Han.
She has come to me with both great craftsmanship and drawing skills.

I look forward to showing you so much more 7th grade art,
so stay turned.

5 comments:

  1. Shadows are tricky things, but this crew had imagination enough to overcome the challenge. Kudos to Serena for showing her light source ... to Anika for the sense of volume she achieved ... to Sara for taking on an additional ten forms, at varying depths and angles, no less ... to David for taking my eye around the world (series) ... and once again, last is not least as Azalea’s butterfly is a wonder in and of itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure wish I had your way with words iz, thank you for these terrific comments for the kids.

      Delete
    2. I sure wish I had your way with words iz, thank you for these terrific comments for the kids.

      Delete
  2. The first one has a very nice smooth shading. I remember doing this in your 7th grade class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving your comments Raymond, and so delighted you are checking out the blog.

      Delete