Wednesday, May 16, 2018

FREEBIES, DONATIONS & THEIR USES

For all the years I've been teaching I receive donations of all kinds.
Wonderful items I can use to teach with,
or to share with the students that they can incorporate into their assignments.
I also pick up of all kinds of goodies at estate & garage sales that I know the kids will love,
or like last night,
free yummy lollipops from the resturant we went to.
I took a few more then I was supposed to for the kiddos.

Below is the current area,
our Lockerbee Kick Wheel,
 where I place all these things for the kids to help themselves to.
This is the current state of the donation pile.
Sometimes as you can see,
 it gets really full and you have to dig around a bit
to see it all.

The lollipops from last nite were gone in the first few minutes of my first class of the day.
I also put out used clothing, linens, shoes, stickers, pencils,
you name it.
The pile changes everyday and the 7th graders especially love to see what's there.

The pix at the beginning of this post was sent to me last night by 7th grader Glory Gage.
She took home a hand crocheted newborn cap that was donated by our nurse,
and tried it on her stuffed pig.
Perfect fit as you can see.
Makes me so happy.

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't help thinking this would make a great time-lapse sequence, seeing the ebb and flow

    ReplyDelete