Friday, February 1, 2013

The Artwork of Andrea Ruygt

A couple months ago the Drawing Board Gallery in Yorba Linda was showcasing the artwork of students form Cal State Long Beach and Cal State Fullerton.  And I really like the paintings by Andrea Ruygt.  So much so that I purchased the portrait below.  Her style in  both paintings feels really good to me, there is a lot of movement created thru the brushstrokes, and her color choices are very sensory to me.  I also really like how the piece directly below tells a story, and how it's divided on the canvas.  Highly interesting to me.  In fact, it inspires for an upcoming assignment for senior Laura Kadi who is in my Advanced 2-D class.  Oh boy Laura, it's gonna be good!  LOL 
The portrait that I purchased below is about 36" by 40".  
Huge!
I love it.

On March 16th The Drawing Board Gallery in Yorba Linda, Ca. will be hosting a non-profit gala event and art auction to raise funds to go out into the community to families that can't afford or get to places of arts education to give them performing and visual arts.  We are having food trucks, art action, musical theater show, dessert bar and art tables for people to create!  Cost is 25 dollars.  We are also looking for sponsors!

Thank You!!!!!!


The Drawing Board / MOVING heARTS Foundation
  Classes, Gallery, Wine and Art / Outreach
   owner/director - Jamie Kough
   4945 Yorba Ranch Road, Yorba Linda, 92887

No comments:

Post a Comment