Monday, February 4, 2013

Farewell 2nd Quarter 7th Graders

Today will be my last day with my sweet 2nd Quarter young ones.  I am very sorry to see them go, they have been a fabulous bunch, and I've only just begun to show off their work.  So as they depart we will continue to see what they created for at least another month.

These are their Charcoal Cones.  They had to include at least 3 values of grey, a cast shadow and horizon, plus deal with the back and foreground.  It continues to amaze and delight me that each of these students have developed their own unique shading style.  Let's see whose is whose.

Above we have a very nice piece by Raymond Ouyang.  I like how his horizon is wavy. 
This next piece above belongs to Margaret Yiu.  Notice her subtle horizontals and verticals in the back and foregrounds.  Very sophisticated Margaret.
Below is the artwork of Kristina Dorsz which has a very strong feel of 3-dimensions because of how she's wrapping her shadows around the cone.

Next we have Jessica Mones stunning cone.  I really like how she brought texture into the foreground, and her creative horizon.
And lastly we have the very eye-catching piece of Julie Guan, so beautifully crafted!
Terrific work all of you!  A pleasure for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment