Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Meet My Ceramics I Students

 ABSTRACT FIGURE SCULPTURES
"Moonbabies"

Every year I start off my beginning clay students with this assignment because it only involves  pushing and pulling the clay, no added on parts.   And it always amazes me the creativity and expressive quality that they manage to bring into their pieces.
This first one by senior Anne Allen really caught my attention because of the stamped areas that add interest and also the asymmetry of the form.

And check out the super expressive quality of this next one by senior Megan Yeu.  To finish these pieces after bisque firing, I have the kids stain them with oxides.  


And then how cool is this next one made by Cindy Ryoo.  I really like the elongated form.


And look at how much junior Kyung Yi was able to stretch out her clay.  Love it!


1 comment:

  1. Definitely love the indigo pieces! How cleaver are these kids. Well done class - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete