Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Claremont Village Street Art Faire

Every year on the last Saturday in the month of October the city of Claremont Ca., hosts it's street faire with an emphasis on the arts.  This year there were over 600 vendor featuring foods, arts & crafts, local businesses, and the local police and fire departments.  This was my first year to attend and I have to honestly say that I was a bit overwhelmed by the thousands of people who showed up and the huge amount of vendors to stroll past.  It took me nearly 3 hours to see everything.  And it was HOT outside!
The entire downtown area was blocked off and parking was a nightmare.  It was in the 90's that day and most of us had to hike at least a 1/2 mile to the festivities   At least I was able to burn my calories for the day.  There was a lot to see and do.  I was a bit disappointed in the arts & crafts on display, it was a bit swap meetish.  Oh well, I was able to find a few Xmas presents. 

My favorite booth was the Audubon Society.  They had several birds there with their handlers.  The sweetest was the baby owl.

And the kids were having a ball with the bubble machine, and going around to all the booths trick-o-treating for candy.  Most of the children had on their Halloween outfits.  And so did the dogs.  There were 100's of dogs dressed for the occasion.
It was also really nice listening to the Claremont Youth Orchestra under the large oak trees in front of my favorite yarn store 'Colors'.
And it was also fun to rock out to the street bands as well in front of the 'Folk Music Store'.
Will I go next year?  Naw, once was enough  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment