Monday, January 3, 2022

XMAS ADVENTURES WITH MY SON

I'd mentioned in a post from a couple days ago 
that my son usually takes a week off work after Xmas.
He stays in town with us,
 and he and I go find cool stuff to do.
We both adore plants and the beach so it usually involves the two.

 I came across these pictures from Xmas 2019,
right before Covid hit and am finally sharing them.
Hope you are a succulent fan like we are.

This is the Succulent Cafe where my daughter first turned me onto in 2018.
It's a ways down south from us towards San Diego along the coast
in a quaint little beach town called Carlsbad.
I adore their clever displays, 
especially the one above with the cuppe ens.
(guessing on the spelling of my mother's Italian word for a soup ladle)
But I couldn't decide which display I liked better,
like the one below with the oil funnels.
 A close-up.
Don't you love how the tail of the funnels cross over each other
 as well as the rusty areas?
Great design!

Zach's two favorites involved driftwood pieces above ,
and this hallowed out piece that I think was made from concrete below.

On the way home we took the sceneic coast road up thru all the beach cities
and stopped in Solana Beach at Zach's favorite nursery,
Solana Succulents.
We are always able to find great deals here.

I just had to put in this picture of Zach from 2009,
the first time Zach and I found Solana Succulents.
He was such a youngster then.
So glad he doesn't keep up with my blog,
he's be so mad at me for posting this old pix.
Ha ha ha

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to show these to Don ... we have our first ever fence around the house and these would be so much fun to try!

    hope this finds Zach (and everyone else) fully recovered and heading into a happy and healthy new year ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talked to Zach last night and they do have Covid. Zach drove 40 mins to pick up an extra at home test from his father, and his wife found out her results which were positive as well. Fortunately they are on the mend (a good 5 days of cold/cough symptoms). So thank you for your well wishes Liz. I'm so sad that I will have to wait another year for our Xmas adventures together.

      Delete