Friday, January 14, 2022

HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY DEAR FRIEND

Back in the day,
student and cheerleader Aileen Palmiter,
Whitney High School (I'm guessing 1992ish) maybe Freshman or Sophomore year?
I never had Aileen in an art class when I was teaching there
 but I knew who this cutie was.

Fast forward to 2022,
Aileen Palmiter Perry,
Whitney High Alumni 1994 and current A.P. Biology Teacher there.

Aileen has become a dear buddy of mine
 when she started my retirement Fiber Arts class every Tues. nite at my little Home/Studio.
She is such a fast learner and her favorite fiber and technique is yarn and knitting.
So we are coming up on almost 2 years together now 
with her sister Suzi dropping in every now and then,
along with the occassional neighbor and ex-art students.

Aileen is addicted to knitting and carries her bag everywhere she goes including inside her classroom.
One of her A.P. students, 
Madison Plotkin,
tattled to me the other day that while the kids are taking a test,
Aileen sometimes brings out her current project to knit while she waits for them to finish up.
I love that! 
And the kids enjoy seeing a whole other side of Aileen besides all things science,
as well as what her latest knits are.
She is currently working on two new projects,
a colorwork yoke cardigan and her first pair of socks.

Note the scarf Aileen wears so beautifully around her neck.
That was her Xmas present this year from me.
The pattern is by Andrea Mowry called Free Your Fade, 
and I used 3 different colorways of Malabrigo Arroyo.
It's a yummy superwash DK, Sport Merino yarn that has a lovely drape 
and feels so good against the skin.

Thank goodness for Aileen and her sis,
they have helped ease me into my retirement.

Happy Birthday Aileen!!
And may we celebrate many more together.
Love you xoxox

1 comment:

  1. Aileen - I do so envy you getting to stitch together with Deb every Tuesday ... and wish I had thought to bring stitching to school back in the day

    ReplyDelete