Wednesday, January 5, 2022

SHE'S BACK!!!


So it's only taken me 2 1/2 years to get here,
but I think I might be back
 to finishing up the hundreds of pictures 
that I still have left to post from my last 2 years of teaching,
2017-2018 & 2018-2019.

I know I've snuck in a few here and there (not many though),
but mostly I had some kind of mental block about doing it.
Maybe I couldn't admit it was finally over,
the job of a lifetime.
Or maybe I was just too bitter and disappointed 
 about how it all ended and went down to pick my new replacement.
Crushed actually.
My program of 39 years that I built up,
the supplies I accumulated with virtually no District support,
 only pennies a year for each student.
Damn,
 I could go on forever here (still not over it yet I guess, LOL).
That all went down the tubes because of inner school politics;
neopotism, favoritism and fear of the Administration.
The result is that I never existed there,
nothing left behind of me.
Plus I'm not welcome back by Admin which is the hardest pill to swallow.

The hurt is so very deep. 

 But this past week I feel a new energy,
some healing has taken place I believe,
and I have been posting nearly every night for the next day.
And it feels GREAT!

I'll be skipping around a lot between those last 2 years
 because I'm not as organized as I once was,
and also I might be forgetting a few names.
 But I'll try my best.

7th Grade Soap Scrubs
2nd Quarter 2018-2019
bar soap, dyed wool roving in multiple colors, wool yarns,
old nylons and plenty of hot water.

The last names cannot be found 
but I haven't given up yet!
Asmita and Jayden B.
I picked these 2 because I felt they really stood out visually in color and design from the others. 
And this one above by Cristine because I felt it was breathtaking.
I saw a mountainous area with clouds gathering 
and a waterfall sweeping over the landscape.
What is also remarkable about this one is that during the felting process 
a big chunk of the wool started falling away 
and Christine had to sew it back in place after it was dry.
I love how she was able to save it!

These next 4 were very pleasing crowd favorites 
with all the lovely combos. of  blues and greens.
From top to bottom were Sharanya, Hanna, Ayana and Alexander.

And of course the absolute favorite of the group 
was this one by Ellie Ta.
In her before and after,
 you can see how much the felt shrinks and moves from the oringinal design.
It's super hard to control once you hit it with hot warm and happy hands.
HA!
These were all done in a technique called wet felting.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs. Sposa!

    This is Christine Liu :-) I'm very honored to be on here! Your class really helped me open my eyes to other forms of art! I just wanted to let you know that everyone really misses you, especially the artsy students! We'll never forget all that you did for Whitney.

    Also, the students you mentioneds' full names are Asmita Rajappa, Jayden Booker (I believe? He transferred out, so this may be wrong), Sharanya Upadhyay, Ayana Bhatt, and Alexander Chen. We had three Hannahs in our grade, so I'm not sure which one that could be - Hannah Almero, Hannah Ignacio, and Hannah Virgen. Hannah Virgen is a really artistic student, so it might be her. I hope this helps!

    Best,
    Christine ٩(^◡^)۶

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine!! What a wonderful surprise to hear from you! Are you a senior this year or junior? And thank you for their last names, I couldn't find them in my records. Honestly there is so much more to post from you cuties, so please tell all to keep checking the blog. Your message is so heartfelt and dear, it's so nice to know I was able to make a difference in so many lives. I miss Whitney and all of you so very much, it's been really hard since I haven't been allowed to visit by you know who. :(:( I thought for sure I was going to be able to help the new art teacher but sadly that wasn't in the cards. I hear the art program isn't the same at all, what a shame. Oh well, they say change is good. Thanks again for getting in touch. xo

      Delete