Sunday, January 2, 2022

AN EXHILARATING NEW YEARS DAY

With several days of rain in the past couple of weeks, 
our Anaheim Hills Reservoir is full again 
after being at record lows for several years.
WooHoo!!
Even though you can't see them, 
there were hundreds of people strolling it's mile and a half paved trail,
with our majestic snowcapped San Gabriel Mountains in the backdrop. 
It was cold and blustery,
in the high  50's which is cool for us in the Southland,
and a perfect day for for getting out of the house for some exercise.
Note most of the treeline is under water.
I haven't seen that in years if ever!
Oh the lucky homeowners who live round the top of the reservoir 
for the sunset they must have seen tonight.

2 comments:

  1. this makes me smile ... may 2022 bring more wondrous sights in your world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Liz, I'd really like to do that. Travel and see some of our country. Just have to figure out the logistics of it all. I think I want to start just by driviing north along the California Oregon coast. REnt motels along the way or rent a travel trailer? Take dog or leave her at home? Who will hand water my 3 places for me? The list is so long. But the bigggest challenge is I want to go with my husband but he can't ride in a car anymore without either falling asleep after a couple mins of driving or his back cramping up and we have to pull off the road. Lots of obstacles in the way. And I don't think I want to go alone. Hummm....

      Delete