Friday, March 25, 2016

EASTER EXPLORATIONS

Alumni Daphne Chiang,
 from the class of 2015,
 has a week off from Georgetown
and is exploring the city of Washington D.C. 
This day it was the Renwick Gallery.

As she says,
"It was 3-D art on a huge scale"
9 artists  showing their work and sharing the space.

Her favorite artist was Gabriel Dawe
with this thread sculpture.
That's right,
THREAD!

Next,
one of my favorite artist's works,
Patrick Doughtery with his woven sticks.
I have yet to see one of his sculptures in person.
I'm so jealous Daphne  :)

And this melted & slashed tire sculpture by Chalcaia Booker.

I was telling Daphne that in college in my 3-D art class,
I had to make a tire sculpture.
Wish I had seen one of Chalcaia's pieces for inspiration first.
Mine sucked!  ha ha

2 comments:

  1. Love the starkness of the trees

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colorful thread and the woven sticks!! - Kaili :)

    ReplyDelete