Saturday, April 15, 2017

WIRE THEM UP!

COLLAGE BOXES W/ WIRE WRAPPED PENDANTS & STAMPED TISSUE
7TH GRADE ART WHEEL - 2016-2017 -2ND QUARTER
paper collage on recycled jewelry boxes, craft wire, tissue paper, stamps and stamping ink

Wow,
we only have 7 or 8 more weeks of school left 
and I'm only still posting 2nd Quarter posts.
Seems like every year I get more and more behind schedule.
So 7th graders,
 bare with me as I try to get to you 3rd quarter kiddos.
Let's see these stunning boxes and pendants.

We start with Felicia Hidalgo with her Inspired theme box.
Loving that light blue mixed with the black and white tissue.
And her pendant is so well  crafted.
Bravo young lady!

Samantha Catacutan uses an Analogous Color Scheme for her very pretty box.
And we loved her stamped tissue.
She found the coolest leaf stamp to use in an Alternating Pattern.

And the class favorite was this black and white themed box,
stamping and pendant that all flow so well together by Samantha Becaria.

This beautiful box in a Cool and Analogous Color Scheme was done by Katelyne Gonzalez.
I really like that textured purple pattern paper she found to incorporate in her lid.
Really makes this box pop.

And we end with Keilani Alejandro and her Live Laugh & Love box.
I feel like she picked a stamp that feels very Hawaiian when Mirrored with itself.
It reminds me of a traditional Hawaiian needle turned quilt I bought in the islands several years ago.
And how well that goes with her turtle pendant.

2 comments:

  1. With each project you post, I think that it is my favorite. And within each project, I think I spot my favorite piece. The uniqueness and beauty of every single work of art makes it impossible for me to choose one. Thank you for sharing. You are all so inspiring. Aloha, Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curated (adj.) ... I think that fits perfectly as a description of what you do here. Selecting, organizing, and presenting the creations from your classes. Not an easy thing to do, as your selections are surely just the tip of a very large iceberg.

    And today it's the black and white pieces that are whispering "come back for another look."

    ReplyDelete