Tuesday, April 11, 2017

EXTREME CONCENTRATION

Accessing Right Brain is easy for these young ones.
They've had several months practice.
The key,
to present the left side of the brain
 (dominant side in most people)
with a task it will turn down.

So get comfortable,
don't talk for at least 20 minutes,
 and stare at the item you want to draw for 30 seconds,
and boom,
you should be there.
Of course,
 a bit of instrumental music wafting in the background doesn't hurt.

Once you are in Right Mode,
these things should happen:
A) you should loose track of time
B) be alert yet relaxed
C) words will recede from your consciousness (which means you don't want to talk)
&
D) you become free of anxiety

Wow,
Sounds pretty good,
 right?
It is,
 a natural high!
:)
Here are senior Cathy Huang (above) and junior Karna Errande (below) 
in deep right brain activity.
Notice how clever both kids are to figure out a way to suspend the leaves they are drawing.

5 comments:

  1. This puts into words the things that bring me the most joy, the ones I get lost in: stitching, writing, and improv cooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yard Work, reading, and fiber work for me.

      Delete
    2. Yard Work, reading, and fiber work for me.

      Delete
  2. I'll try this exercise this weekend. I have doubted my "drawing" ability since second grade when the drawing teacher became frustrated with me and said in front of the class, "Just draw what you see for Heaven's sake."

    Hey, my fence really didn't get smaller as it went into the distance. lol.

    Again, I must tell you how lucky your students are to have a teacher like you.

    Thanks for sharing your projects with those of us far away.

    Aloha,
    Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would not believe your eyes
    If ten million fireflies
    Lit up the world as I fell asleep
    'Cause they fill the open air
    And leave teardrops everywhere
    You'd think me rude but I would just stand and stare
    I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
    It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
    'Cause everything is never as it seems
    'Cause I'd get a thousand hugs
    From ten thousand lightning bugs
    As they tried to teach me how to dance
    A foxtrot above my head
    A sock hop beneath my bed
    A disco ball is just hanging by a thread (thread, thread)
    I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
    It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
    'Cause everything is never as it seems (when I fall asleep)

    ReplyDelete