Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Busy Weekend


I was really looking forward to attending the annual Handweavers of Southern Ca. weaving and spinning show at the Civic Center in Torrence this last Sunday, but I was a little disappointed. No new artists or vendors with everyone still carrying their same products and craft work. But there was one bright spot when I saw my friend and mentor, Lori Lawson of Capistrano Fiber Arts, in her lovely booth with new samples, patterns, and beautiful fibers for sale. In fact, I dropped a bit of money off with her when I purchased two glorious bags full of luscious fibers that I want to spin up for a new sweater pattern I found. OH, BOY! In the courtyard many of the fiber artists were busy knitting and spinning. Don't look too closely though, I had no hair or makeup going on that day. LOL Lori, however, made the gorgeous sweater she is wearing. Hand-dyed, hand-spun, designed and knit all by her. She is something.


On Saturday, Jim and I spent the day garage saleing and thrift store shopping. We were looking for 100% wool and cashmere sweaters that I will felt in my washer and then we will cut them up and needle felt scarfs out of them for Xmas presents. Wish us luck! A few of our trees are actually changing colors right now, so I just had to get a pix of this beauty above. And Saturday evening we had the most beautiful sunset right outside our window.
We are finally starting to cool down and get a bit of chilly weather. I love it, I get to dig out my winter clothes and scarfs. Hopefully, the Santa Ana winds will stay away for a while so we can enjoy the cold for a change. To see and read more about our weekend see the 2 posts below this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment