Sunday, January 1, 2023

FROM OUR HOME TO YOURS...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
Hoping 2023 brings us all healing, good health and much better luck.
Ha ha!

This is Xmas morning at my daughter Danielle's home.
From left to right,
Jim, myself, ex Inars, Nicole, Zach and Dani
Missing in this picture is Nicole's dad Nick who came down with Covid,
and Dani's boyfriend Aaron who had to work.

2022 was a rough year for all of us.
We lost our dear Mary in May after so many years of her fighting cancer.
Isn't she beautiful?
This is April 2019 with her daughter Nicole
 at Zach and Nicole's Wedding in Kona, Hawaii.
You would never know she was suffering from cancer in this pix.
I can't even begin to tell you how deeply her loss was felt 
during this Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I miss her so much...

My ex husband who is still a very big part of our lives
 here with Bogie...
and cooking for all of us for a Xmas breakfast a couple years ago.
Inars had a heart arrest on the golf course recently 
and his two buddies saved his life because they both knew CPR.
He was without a heartbeat and oxygen for 30 mins.
Inars with our two children several Xmas Eve's ago

Thankfully he is back home now and continues to work on his recovery.
His long term memory stayed intact 
but he is still struggling a bit with his short term memory.
He is also waiting on his heart doctor to install a permanent defibrillator.
Right now he is the prisoner of a temporary one
 that he wears either over his shoulder or strapped around his waist. 
A 24/7 device that is heavy and causing him back and shoulder problems,
attached by a wire to a shoulder/back bra with 8 sensors 
that is highly uncomfortable.
You can see his defibrillator strapped around his waist this Xmas.
He is still going to the gym everyday
 to try to build up his body weight and muscle mass that he lost while hospitalized.

And now to update you on my love,
my husband Jim.
This is my honey in May
 up in the mountains waiting to play live music with his band.
Before the jeep accident.

And here he was on Xmas Day with Inars 
(did I mention they are buddies)
with his hair growing back in.
His leg wound is completely healed over now 
and continues to shrink and sort of look better.
He also lost a lot of his body weight and muscle mass,
so for Xmas I gave him the present of our favorite trainer,
Gelissa.
Right now she is working on stabilizing his core and doing a lot of stretches.
Sadly he continues to have severe back spasms and sleepless nites.
He has many appts coming up to try to figure out the causes and fix these things.

Oh,
 and here is me laid up for the past two weeks with a swollen ankle and foot.
I have always been a klutz,
and as I've aged I've taken several spills as I trip over everything.
Two weeks ago,
 as I was wrapping presents,
 I missed a step going into my workshop in my little house garage.
It was a bad one this time.
My foot completely buckled under me
 as my entire body weight landed on top of it.
Incredibly painful.
I stayed down for several minutes 
 scared to death to know how much damage I'd done.
More then usual.
Ouch!
Iced it and put it up for 3 days taking lots of Ibuprofen.
After a week my middle toes and both sides of my heels 
turned several shades of purple.
It's much better now and I'm able to walk on it with not a lot of pain,
but this week I will go have an x-ray,
just in case I fractured something.

We are thrilled to be starting a new year
and have a lot of hope that 2023 will be kinder and gentler.

HAVE A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR ALL!
 I hope it brings you many blessings. 

6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness ... that first picture is wonderful, but the last picture not so much ...

    love the story of your family ... may you all have a healthy and happy 2023

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are hoping for a healthier 2023, that's for sure Liz. And on a positive note, the rain and snow have been a constant the past several months. So thankful for the weather helping us out, especially in our high fire areas. The hills are coming alive with new growth and it's incredibly beautiful.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful family. Healing thoughts for all of you and Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can certainly use those healing thoughts and prayers Beverly. The happiest of new year to you as well.

      Delete
  3. What a nightmarish year for you and your family! It is good to see almost everyone back at home enjoying a holiday together. Best wishes for a much happier new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy oh boy Dana, that's a great way to sum up our year here. This one has got to be better! Spent more time on your site last night, catching up on all your posts. So enjoyable!

      Delete