Sunday, January 29, 2023

ANOTHER LITTLE BISCUIT

Australian Eco/Fiber Artist India Flint calls these Biscornu 
which I believe is French
 and translates to biscuit.
I learned to make them in one of her delightful on-line classes.
BTW,
her newest online course starts Feb.1 and I believe you can still enroll

I love making them and teaching others to do the same.
They are a great way to use up scraps of fabric and special threads.
This one was made from a few eco-dyed pieces I had in my stash.
The fabrics were a bit too plain for me so I added a little embroidery.
And then my favorite last step is to pick out a button for each side.
I believe the one in the top photo is wood 
and the one here is the back side of an abalone button.
Every time I stick a needle or pin in it,
I smile.
They are just so cute.

2 comments:

  1. I love this ... having never before heard of biscornu, now I have encountered two within a month of each other: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmO5E2_sDQa/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY= ... I think the universe is trying to tell me something ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, what a lovely little biscuit this gal made. Funny how you saw two so close together. I agree, now it's your turn to make one. Can't wait to see it!

      Delete