Thursday, August 1, 2019

TOO BEAUTIFUL TO USE

Recently I received this gorgeous handcrafted pillow in the mail 
from a remarkable Mixed Media Artist,
Jen Mullen of Bayou Quilts and Dolls.
I have showcased a couple of her pieces over the years under Professional Fiber Artist Jenclair,
but she is so much more than a fiber artist!
I hope you are able to take the time and pull her up in my search engine
 to see the pieces she has made for me over the years,
and to visit her blogsite to  see all that she does.
Her work is exquisite as you can see here in the close-ups.
When she read on my blog that I had retired she created this amazing piece for me.
It's too special to put on a couch or chair 
so my husband suggested I put it in a shadowbox type frame
and display it on a wall in our home.  
Brilliant idea!
The only thing about that type of display is you won't be able to turn it over
and see this very cool hand holding a pen writing with Kantha stitch around it.
Love that detail Jen!!
Thank you,
I adore your work and so appreciate all your time and energy you put into this.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness ... this is exquisite! I would want to hold it in my lap, letting my fingers explore ... hope your shadowbox will have a door on it so you can liberate this gem from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea Liz, have my hubby cut a hole in the back of the box Ha ha!

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy that you (and your husband!) liked it! I love this kind of work, it is a very calming, meditative activity. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh Jen, you and your work are so inspirational to me. And I just adore your garden as well! xoxooxox

      Delete