Monday, August 26, 2019

THERE'S A NEW KID ON THE BLOCK


WELCOME BACK YOUNG ONES
to a new school year.
If you haven't already figured it out or heard,
I retired over the summer to get my health back.
And I'm feeling so much better but still have a ways to go.

Just wanted all of you to know there is a new art teacher at Whitney.
His name is Dan Heck and I'm sure you are going to really enjoy working with him.
He's super nice and excited about teaching at Whitney.
He comes to us from Huntington Beach and he loves working with the clay.
So I'm really excited to see what new things he will bring to our Ceramic Dept.

All of you in the arts classes met him today,
but for those of you who didn't get a chance to take an art this year,
make sure you drop by Room 18 and introduce yourselves and welcome him aboard.

I know you guys will make me very proud of all that you will create this year
and impress Mr. Heck as well.
Show him what you've got!
I told him how very talented you all are.

So keep in touch and send me photos of what you are up to.
I'm hoping to stop by and visit everyone soon.

It's really weird for me not to be there and welcome you back into the room
after occupying it for 39 years.  
Such a tremendous change.
I miss you all greatly.
And 
P.S. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment