Sunday, August 4, 2019

SUMMER BEAUTIES

I get so jazzed every summer when these gorgeous looking and smelling lilies open up.
And they just keep multiplying every year which is another added bonus!
This year they drew the most ginormous butterfly
who flew into each flower.  
She wasn't afraid of me and I was able to get really close for the shot below.
Then she traveled with me as I made my watering rounds at the cabin
(taking me 3 hours to water the entire place this summer).
This will sound crazy I know,
but I'm pretty sure it was my dear Aunt Elena dropping by for a visit.
Every Easter she would bring me a pot of lilies.
So many wonderful memories come back to me as I post. 

 And below are a special variety of Plumeria that I got about 3 years ago with my son
at an extrodinary nursery by his home in Canoga Park called the Green Thumb.
I had never seen this lovely apricot color before while in Hawaii,
only the white/yellow and the pink/yellow.
It was just a baby stick when I bought it
and after 3 years it's the first time it's bloomed.
I thought I'd lost it earlier in the year when all the leaves fell off.
But it's come back strong this summer with more flowers to open soon.
Makes my heart so happy!

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing butterfly ... I love that it let you get so close, then followed you around ... so good to know there is something so simple and right in this crazy old world ...

    ReplyDelete