Wednesday, August 7, 2019

A WONDERFUL SURPRISE

Two years ago in her senior year at Whitney,
I had the privilege to once again teach 2018 alumni Inna Sikar in the Beginning 3-D class.
In addition she was in the 7th grade Art Wheel her first year at Whitney 
and in the Beginning 2-D course her junior year.
During her last year with me she was one of my most outstanding 3-D students
and we formed a very strong connection and love over crafting.
So recently she got in touch with me and caught me up with her life
and told me she'd been working on something special for me and could she have my address.
This remarkable embroidered pillow arrived a few days later.
Oh My!
Inna, it's spectacular!
She has combined her 2 and 3-D skills in stitching this lovely design.
Notice how she is moving her colors from light to dark in the neck and wing areas.

I'm so thrilled and impressed with how you've taken your skills to a whole new level Inna!
And you've also taught yourself ribbon embroidery,
something we didn't cover.
I just love my pillow and will treasure it always Inna.
Thank you so very much for this extrodinary handmade gift!
Sending you so much love,
and looking forward to keeping in touch.
xoxoxoxoxoxo

1 comment: