Thursday, August 15, 2019

FINALLY GOT STARTED

off-white cashmere baby blanket

This past year and a half I signed up for 3 of India Flint's online workshops.
The first was Bagstories which I showcased here several months ago,
and now I'm finally getting started slow stitching on the 3rd one called A Clearing in the Woods.
 Today I'm basting all these piece down.
If you are wondering about class No. 2,
I'm stuck on it right now and can't seem to move forward.
But I will cuz it's nagging at me. 

It was so much fun setting up to get started.
India had us cut 29 circles in wool, linen and silk
then fill each one with anything that might have pigment in it:
leaves, twigs, fruits, veges, rusty objects etc.
We bundled each one with embroidery string that would also take the dyes.
I posted the beginnings of the Preliminary Circles here

And here are the glorious threads from the bundles along with some India sent to us
on the far left.
Remarkable right?

And here is a delicious close-up of my favorites of the 29.











If you are wondering why the number 29?
After bundling we preserved these sweet little bundles in glass jars for a couple of months.
When February came we got to open one bundle a day 
for a special treat to look forward to.
So much fun with such wondrous results.
If you've never taken a class with India,
I highly recommend it.


4 comments:

  1. I don't think I could pick a favorite circle, really, each of them is a beautiful world ready to bloom. And, just to say, you're way ahead of me on this project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really???? Ha ha, I thought I was the last one to get started. I'm the type of designer who needs to see what everyone else does before I can start. A weakness of mine. But I'm so glad I did now. I honestly didn't like a lot of the results. They weren't well balanced visually. Where are you at Hazel?

      Delete
    2. I watched/listened to all of the lovely videos, and doodled flowers every day in Feb. The end. Maybe I'll actually make the blanket next February?

      Delete
  2. Oh Hazel, I finally made myself start stitching and it feels fabulous. It gives me something to look forward to every nite. I have about 3 flowers sort of done. And I'm having fun trying to be spontaneous which is so challenging for me. Can't wait to see what you will make with your amazing stitch abilities and creativity.

    ReplyDelete