Friday, August 9, 2019

BABYSITTING DUTIES CALL

Oh Boy,
Jim and I got to do our first all day long with our newest 8 month old grandson.
We had a ball,
but it worn us out let me tell you.
Anthony is crawling now, 
but not with all fours. 
 He's only using his forearms and elbows.
He hasn't quite figured out the knees yet.
But he and Jim raced all over that house.
I was in charge of the all the walking around the neighborhood,
feeding and diaper changes
which suits me just fine.
The most challenging part was getting him to go down for his nap. 
He is a stubborn fellow.
hee hee
but I managed to get him down.
And man oh man can he eat.
He likes everything his mom set out for him.
I'm pretty sure I've not mentioned it
 but Syd and Anthony's daddy has been diagnosed with a stage 3 Brain Tumor this past February.
He has been battling it with such grace and dignity
and just recently was allowed to go back to work.
He is a proud Orange County Sheriff.
When he got home last night from work 
I could tell he is still really struggling to feel well and beat this thing.
So I'd like to  reach out to all of you and ask for your thoughts and prayers.
It has been really hard on the family as you can imagine.
Especially his wife,
my Jim's daughter.
She is truly exhausted.
He never complains and puts up the most brave front for all of us,
but I saw it yesterday on his face that it is a real struggle.
Thank you all.

8 comments:

  1. my heart swelled to read this, all the Love in that home, all
    the Love.....love from here, mingling
    Oh, Deb, Oh Deb's Family
    Just such Holding in my heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grace. it's so hard to see your children go thru so much heartache and worry.

      Delete
  2. Love and holding thoughts for all of you, oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. How the grands can wear one out ... I do so know what you mean

    But then to learn of your son-in-law's diagnosis ... oh how I wish you all strength and hope and well-ness ...

    thank you for sharing this here, letting us be a part of your hopes and dreams for this young family ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those boys are precious. I'll be thinking of you and yours, especially your son-in-law. I know he has plenty of support, but even supporters need to have encouragement and back-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boys are so very close already. When Syd came home from daycare you should have heard Anthony scream for him to come over and say hello. It was the best! And then they played so cute together next to daddy. Melts your heart. It's been a long road already for MIke. I still can't believe his doc is allowing him to go back to work full time, especially having such a dangerous mental and physical job. It's pure crazy.

      Delete