Thursday, November 29, 2018

NO. 3

This is my 3rd online class with India Flint this past year and a half.
India is one of the most fascinating people I've ever meet.
I took my first class with her several years ago up in Santa Barbara,
and have been a huge fan ever since.
She is an Australian artist, an eco-dyer, scientist, poet, fashion designer,
speaker of many languages, 
writer of numerous books now,
maker of music, animal lover and cook extraordinaire,
plus just so much more, as well as a very wise woman!
I've finished online class No.1 which you saw and I posted about 2 weeks ago,
the embroidered bag,
and am in the middle of No.2 (turning a man's shirt into an amazing dyed and embellished apron),
and then am just starting No.3 here.
It's called A Clearing in the Woods or Putting up Preserves.
It's about slow dyeing, a canning process.
And oh what fun I'm having!

Here is all the windfall I've collected recently to work with.

The silk and woolen fabric circles I've cut for my little 29 bundles
(I may have cut a few extras),
one to be opened up each day in February as a gift to self.
The lengths of silk and cotton threads to bundle with
 and then to embroider with later in the class.

The misc. metals to be used in the bundles.
All salvaged.

The bundles.
Don't count them,
 I know there aren't 29.
I'm really bad with numbers
Ha!

And now the extra windfall to use for the dyes.

Woo Hoo, stay turned for periodic updates

2 comments:

  1. I have read India Flint's books and I am really interested to follow your experiments. Thanks for showing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is truly one of the most interesting women I've ever meet in my life. If you ever get a chance to take a workshop with her, you will learn and laugh so much. She is a character with so much knowledge!

      Delete