Sunday, August 26, 2018

JUST ONE MORE PINCH

PINCH POTS
CERAMICS I
clay, glazes & oxides

I just ran into this pinch pot last night and felt I needed to include it
even though I've already posted Pinch Pots from this last school year.
It's a sweet piece for several reasons.
Firstly it was made by senior Catheine Lu who created marvelous pieces all thru the school year.
Most of the kids made bowls for this assignment,
but another option were mugs.
Catherine developed a very pleasing "S" curve for her form,
a nicely shaped handle that flows with it,
and then her glazing was well thought out.
The blue glaze on the inside is balanced by the Cobalt Blue Oxide
 she painted on over top the leaves on the outside.
And the Jade glaze (which is very difficult to use),
was applied perfectly.
Bravo young Catherine,
I will miss you.

2 comments:

  1. Long a fan of Antiques Roadshow, I couldn't help thinking how this pot resembles early 20th-century art pottery

    ReplyDelete