Monday, December 22, 2014

In The Nick of Time

My beautiful Step Daughter Julie is having her first baby in February.
His name will be Sydney 
and we had his baby shower last weekend.

I asked Julie to look thru all my knitting books
 and pick out something special that she'd like me to knit up for Syd.
She picked out the "Little Old Man Cardigan" from
What to Knit When You Are Expecting
by Nikki Van De Car,
and she asked me to do it in a heather grey.
And of course the only way I finish something is with a deadline hanging over my head,
so two nights before the shower I finish,
 get the buttons on,
wash and block it.
It finishes drying the morning of the shower,
in time for me to wrap it up.
Phew Shuuuu,
it was a close one.
LOL
The buttons I found in Julie's grandmother's sewing box.
And I found the Carter's romper with penguin shirt at Kohl's.
But the best part was I got to feel Sydney move in her belly.
Can't wait to meet our little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment