Friday, March 27, 2009

Metal/Canvas Journals - Student Work

Inspired by felt artist Gail Perrone (http://www.catfishstudiofelt.com/) I tried this new project with my Intermediate 3-D students. Earlier in the blog I posted Gail's work along with my students work as they were getting going on this. These are a group shot of a few of the finished pieces. The kids told me this was one of their favorite assignments all year. Wish I would have had the time to make one with them. From top to bottom, left to right: junior Audrey Pulido, 8th graders Joanna Coronell and Emmerline Kim, and senior Rikaya Obilo. Really amazing work ladies.

One of my favorites was senior Rikaya Obilo's journal. She even attached a book marker and a built-in closure. Love her color scheme and her use of embellishments and text.

A close-up of sophomore Breeana Johng's journal that she has turned into a scrapbook of her year in cheerleading with her friends. Such beautiful work!

Both back and front side of junior Audrey Pulido's journal. She put in so much extra time into her piece, and it really shows!

Senior Caroline Ma's amazing journal. She is such a talented designer and craftswoman.
The first page of Caroline's book












No comments:

Post a Comment