Friday, March 6, 2009

Beginning Wire Sculpture - Student Art


Every year in my Beginning 3-d art class I like to incorporate a wire unit. This first piece was done by Alum Jodi Chang who graduated in 2006 I believe. Her face reminds me of Alexander Calder's whimsical wire sculpture portraits. The 3 pieces below were done just this last quarter. Before attempting these sculptures the students first practiced with the wire in a pendant assignment so they got comfortable with the medium. In these works they were to form a recognizable subject that had volume so it didn't look like just a shell of the subject. I was very pleased with their results. From top to bottom, left to right are: seniors Ivy Hu, Shahnaz Khandoker, 7th grader Aman Patel, and senior Connie Pae.

1 comment:

  1. I love being able to see what students have been working on. This is great!

    ReplyDelete