Monday, March 25, 2024

 ANOTHER TRIP AROUND  THE MOON

or is it around the sun?
No really sure
 but what I do know is I just finished another baby sweater from
Alexandra at Two of Wands of Season 8 Knit Stars.
I love this demo pattern she shows and I had some left over yarn 
from another project,
so why not try it again?
The only bummer I encountered
 was that I ran out of yarn when knitting the first sleeve.
Oops!!
So I went thru my stash and found another similar yarn from Malabrigo.
But it was a slightly thinner structure and a slightly different color way.
Nooo!
So what to do?
I ripped out the entire sleeve that I was halfway thru with,
then alternated every other row with the thinner yarn.
If you have never knit with two yarns simultaneously,
I don't recommend it.  
It's constant Yarn Barf (tangles)
I also ran out for the collar and waistband.
So for those I swished to smaller needles and just knit them with the other yarn.
You can totally see the difference in the pix for the collar and waistband,
but I kind of like it.  
They are slightly darker in value which I think is a nice subtle contrast,
 and pleasing to the eye.

So now I need another baby to gift this to.
Whose going to be next?
Got my fingers crossed for my son and his wife.

2 comments:

  1. I like the shifts in colors from using the two yarns in a variety of ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hazel, I was really happy with how it turned out but I think I'll never use two yarns at one time again. Such a twisted affair.

      Delete