Monday, March 4, 2024

ANOTHER SWEATER FOR MOLLY

KNIT STAR ALEXANDRA TAVEL
of  Two of Wands 
created this sweater pattern for her Knit Stars Debut in Season 8.
Her course is called the Duality of Knits and Crochet.
So she demos her pattern in both styles of handwork.
It has become one of my very favorite patterns to knit up.
It looks a bit difficult in it's textural Andalusian Pattern Stitch,
but it's super easy!
I like it so much that I'm almost done with another one.
Will I ever do an adult size of this pattern?
Probably not because I'd be scared I wouldn't finish it.
Baby/child size are more doable for me.
In Season 8 of Knit Stars,
 Alexander demos on a baby sweater so I just followed her demo.
and changed up the neck a bit.
It's supposed to be a full turtleneck
 but I thought it would be a bit uncomfortable for a baby,
so I altered it to a half turtleneck with a stockinette roll over finish.
This baby demo will probably fit up to 12 months.
I also learned a new bind-off called a Tubular Bind Off
 which is super stretchy and so much fun to do.
This photo is a truer example of the colors 
even though I took both pix at same time in same light.
Weird??
Can't remember where I got the yarn but it's a worsted weight 
in a super soft Merino wool.
And it washes up in the sink (wool wash) and dries beautifully.
And I felt the colors could be worn by either a girl or a boy,
although I'm not even sure if that's a thing anymore??
Ha ha

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness … the neck is the best part … genius and sooo cute

    And look … Google recognizes me if I comment from my iPhone! 😜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad my comment page is recognizing you. A lot of people have told me it's difficult to leave a comment. Not sure what i need to do to correct that. Anyways, Alyssa came by today with Lil' Miss Molly to pick up her sweater and I think it will just fit her this cold season that we are still in. Can't wait for Alyssa to send me pix of her in it. Glad you liked how I did the collar. Only ripped it out twice before I felt it was right. I found out recently that ripped out is called frogging. I frog a lot!

      Delete