Sunday, March 10, 2024

XMAS IN SPRINGTIME

 

I woke up to this surprise today when I opened the patio door.
These gorgeous amaryllis blooms that must have been buds yesterday.
I must admit they were partially hidden beneath some other leaves
 that I pulled away to get this shot.
What's funny is I don't remember planting this variety,
 but I'm thrilled that I did.
And usually my indoor amaryllis bloom at Xmas time, right??
Maybe this is a spring bloomer?
But who cares,
these would be lovely to capture in watercolor.
One day.
Ha!

2 comments:

  1. I have to laugh … my daughter gave us an amaryllis, but the pot was so small that it threw itself over the edge in despair and shattered on the ground (actually it was just top heavy and we should have known it needed to go into a larger pot)

    ReplyDelete