Monday, March 11, 2024

VINTAGE ON DISPLAY

I love my button boxes and sometimes I find real treasures.
But for some reason I can't remember where this one came from.
Was it on a card someone sent me?
Or something I bought at an Antique Mall?
Did I frame it with the white surround and then stitch around it?
Sadly,
 I have no clue.
Aging sucks!
Anyways,
whoever sent it my way or wherever I found it,
 I love this treasure which now hangs in my little house/studio entry alcove.

I was just chatting with Nancy of Pomegranite Trail
and she was telling me how she has saved all her Mother's sewing things 
for many years,
 but is now ready to find new homes for them.
I bet there are some real treasures there!
Over the years I have parted with several of my mother's things,
but lately,
 I've started putting more of her things on display throughout our home.
I've got her favorite perfume bottle that I adored as a child,
 as well as her last pair of reading glasses with a pair of her earrings
displayed on a nightstand at the little house.
I just love seeing little vignettes of her scattered here and there.
I dedicated an entire bedroom to her up at our cabin.
I could have sworn I posted about it,
 but I looked thru at least 100 posts of the Crestline cabin and still haven't found it.
Maybe next time we are up there I'll reshoot it.
I even recently found an old but perfect pink chenille bedspread
covered in a floral pattern that reminded me of her
that now rests on the Crestline bed.

2 comments:

  1. Things that trigger memories are well worth finding a place for where they can be seen … love those sweet little buttons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even love the worn cardboard backing they are on.

      Delete