Monday, March 18, 2024

A NEW HOBBY

EASTON'S AQUARIUM

Back in November of 2023
 I was visiting with my son and his wife admiring their aquariums,
 especially Nicole's Freshwater one. 
 My son's is a Salt Water tank and too huge & difficult to manage.
But I thought I might be able to try a Freshwater one on a much smaller scale.
Tah Dah!

So the kids set me up with a 10 gallon tank when I was visiting,
putting in the dirt, rock and water.
I left it with them so they could monitor the progress of it getting all settled in,
and they brought it to me for my Xmas present,
along with a few snails, shrimps, plant life, and a piece of wood.
And I'm in love with it.

Since Xmas I've very slowly added 5 guppies, 2 neon tetras, 
and 3 other cuties that I forgot what they are called.
They are white with black and white checkered tails.
So cool!
I also added another piece of wood that I unburied in my son's backyard
(of course I cleaned it completely before I planted it in the rocks
and it has a very beautiful arch to it),
an Asian pagoda, a couple more of Nicole's snails that I adored
 because of their unusual coloring, 
and some multicolored baby rocks for more interest.
I've lost several other fish in the process 
who just didn't survive for one reason or another.
Probably at least 5 now.
One actually jumped out to his death.  :(
Oh,
 and my most recent addition were 2 catfish for eating up all the fish poop.

And the last time Nicole was by
 she brought me another piece of wood 
along with 2 really cute natural ball thingies.
They kind of look like tiny unopened pine cone balls.  
The snails love them and climb aboard and roll them 
around the bottom of the tank.
Everything has been relatively inexpensive,
 which I love, 
and so pretty to look at in our front room.

So you might be wondering why I call it Easton's Aquarium?
Because when he is old enough,
my plan is to take him to the fish store
 and buy whatever his heart desires to put into it.
And of course he will be in charge of feeding the fish when he comes to visit.
And perhaps when he gets even older,
and it's ok with mom and dad,
the aquarium can go into his sweet little bedroom.
But I have a funny feeling it will never be ok with them
Ha ha

2 comments:

  1. I’ve discovered that the things that go home with the grandkiddos quickly become too familiar … I suspect Easton will love to visit his aquarium and treasure it all the more for not being able to bring it home 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee hee that's really what I'm hoping for. Bugging mom to bring him over for a visit. :)

      Delete