Tuesday, April 30, 2019

STANDING OUT IN A CROWD

REALISTIC CLAY HEAD RATTLES
CERAMICS I
clay, glazes, & oxides

I always love to see all the students heads loaded onto the cart.
So many personalities, cultures, hairstyles and expressions.
So much fun.
Here is another assignment that the kids fear going in, 
but end up giggling and really enjoying themselves.
Let's take a look.

Our first colorful one was done by junior Sara Ryave.
She used all four of our oxides and stained the bisqueware first,
then put our Transparent glaze over top.
So unique and eye catching.

Junior Michelle Son brought in a picture of movie star Marilyn Monroe.
I was so impressed with how well she pulled this face off,
but it's the hair that really calls to me.

And junior Richard Montes chose his cultural background to pull from.
Love the strong facial structure and the very cool headdress.

These two highly expressive faces were done by seniors Augustine Lee & Ashley Scott.

Senior Christian Balbido & junior Jaclyn Dong both really got into this assignment,
Christian doing a portrait of his father that I felt looked very realistic.

We end with junior Lina Kim's grandmother.
I felt it was a beautiful portrait,
Lina expressed that she thought it was so-so.
These kids are always so hard on themselves,
so that when they do like something they've made I get really happy.
I love that Lina added the flowers on her grandmother's shoulder.
A very special touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment