Wednesday, April 10, 2019

PLANT YOUR GARDENS

NATURE PLANTERS
CERAMICS I
clay, glazes, oxides & misc. plants

This is a wonderfully fun & functional assignment for the clay kiddos.
They made the planters and then for their 4th Quarter Final they were able to plant them.
Below is one of my demos. that I planted several years ago 
and gave as a gift to my son's wife's mother.
Under Mary's watchful attentive care the succulents are thriving as you can see
(she recently sent me this photo so I could see how lovely it's flower is).


So here we have last school years students out in the delicious sunshine planting their pots.
I buy them a big bag of planters mix and several small starter plants to choose from.
I try every year to have a different selection. 
I also encouraged the kids to raid Josh's succulent garden in search of the perfect plants.
And succulents are so hardy and easy to grow,
pretty much fail proof.

Here are a few of the finished planters.
I'm guessing here because I can't find the names of who made which ones so here we go.
I'm pretty darn sure the one above was made by junior Sara Ryave.

And this next one belongs to senior Catherine Lu.
Note those sweet tiny clay flowers in the left corner.

And I believe these last two are the works of juniors Richard Montes and Dustine Ansiboy.

Please correct me young ones if I'm wrong.
But aren't they fabulous?

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous indeed!

    Sara's pot is like majolica that has come to life ... the dimensionality of her leaf forms and the vivid colors make pot and plants seems as one

    And what a contrast in Catherine's soft colors and tiny roses, which show off the plants to such good effect

    Richard's pot gives me a sense of heart, both in its coloration and form. And that layered front lip is a wonder.

    And I love how Dustine has managed to tuck those succulents into the front pocket!

    ReplyDelete