Friday, April 12, 2019

A NEW BLOGSITE ON THE BLOCK

Right now my Beginning 3-D students are working with leather to hand make their journals,
so I've been looking around the internet for leather sites.
My husband and I also really enjoy working with leather
 and after being inspired by Fiber Artist extraordinaire Sarah C. Swett 
I want to try and make a pair of shoes from felt and leather.
 I happened upon this terrific new site called Simple Shoemaking and was so excited to have found it
(it is now listed under Artists I Follow)..
They offer pieces of leather, books, kits, soles, the whole nine yards.
Here are a few more images from their site.
I hope you get a chance to check it out.





3 comments:

  1. Oh no ... another wonderful thing to do/make?! I am metaphorically holding my hands over my ears and chanting "la la la la la" ... at the same time thinking "I can always come back here for another look"

    Thank you ... I think ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, right, another new idea to try, I have so many and scared I will never get to them. Do you follow Sarah Swett? I adore her. She makes her own shoes, spins yarn from paper, weaves tiny books, the list is so long. And she is funny as all get out. I adore reading her posts. She was featured some 25 years ago in that beautiful coffee table book called Knitting in America. She has had a fascinating life and she shares it all. I'd love to met her and take a workshop from her one of these days. Check her out under Artists I Follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added her to my Kindred Spirits list ... many thanks for leading me to her wonderful blog

      Delete