Sunday, April 14, 2019

A NEW CHOICE

On these 2 tiny little coil pot demos I made last year
(1 3/4 " by 1 3/4 "),
I wanted to try out ceramic watercolors,
an expensive underglaze product I save for my Intermediate & Advanced clay kids,
for their works in porcelain.
Last year I introduced them to my Beginners for their tiny porcelain plates
and this year I've brought them out for the Beginner's bells,
slab boxes, plates and a few other projects that they've used on our Artic White grey claybody.
I feel the results are so worth the extra cost because if used correctly they can be quite lovely.
By correctly I mean to apply them in a transparent way like you would with watercolors on paper.
My T. A. last year,
senior Lynette Lee became quite good at applying these watercolors to my demo. pieces 
so I want to make sure I gave her credit for these beautiful finishes.

Thank you Lynette!

1 comment:

  1. The porcelain looks like molded butter beneath the sheer watercolors ... and Lynette did indeed take full advantage of coils and watercolors, both ... I love how the colors deepen where the coils meet

    ReplyDelete