Monday, November 23, 2015

GETTING THEIR ONE PT. ON

ONE POINT PERSPECTIVE BOX CONSTRUCTIONS
INTERMEDIATE 2-D ART
graphite on bristol board with some colored pencil accents

After doing several exercises to learn One Pt. Perspective,
I had my girls create a box construction,
and bring in a light source with highlights and shadow.
Look carefully at each of their shading styles.
Some are more textural than others.

I'm starting with senior Bernice Lin.
Her design is dynamic and really pulls the viewer in along with her strong range of values.
Terrific piece Bernice!

Senior Kyla Balquin pulls us in with her scary and though provoking design.

And senior Katherine Ku sends us a powerful message about the ill effects of smoking.
She also chose to bring in a bit of colored pencil for pop.

And senior Risha Bhakta invites us in for some fun and games.

1 comment:

  1. I learn so much from looking at these. I feel like Bernice Lin's seeker ...

    ReplyDelete