Thursday, February 12, 2015

What's Inside the Boxes?

WIRE WRAPPED PENDANTS IN COLLAGED BOXES W/ STAMPED TISSUE PAPER
7TH GRADE ART WHEEL 2ND QUARTER
craft wire, various papers, Mod Podge, old jewelry boxes, rubber stamps

Even though we are already into Third Quarter,
 I'm still working on getting my posting done from 2nd Quarter.
But I am getting anxious to introduce you to my new batch of 7th graders.

This is a 3 in 1 assignment.
First they make their wire wrapped pendants.
Then they learn to paper collage on boxes,
and lastly I teach them surface design thru 7 diffent stamped design options.
And when all 3 are done we put it all together which makes a lovely gift.

I was really impressed with the design and craftsmanship 
that Maia Calanoc worked into her tiny abalone shell.
But I'm not sure why I didn't photograph her lovely box?

Veronica Baek also used a shell to do her pendant with,
and I really like those spirals she thought to bring down the sides.

And Solyana surprised me with not one but two pendants in her box.
Notice the visual flow between her box and her stamped tissue paper.
She chose to go with a mirrored design that all the kids thought was the best in the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment