Monday, December 5, 2022

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM

My mother ,
Rose Patricia,
Patti,
 would have been 106 today.
If Alzheimer's hadn't taken it's nasty hold on her,
I think she would still be here.
She was such a strong woman!
The pix of us I took today is a bit worn on her gravestone marker,
but it's one of my favorites of us together.
She is 85ish here which means I was 45.
People always say that the both of us never looked our age.
I've always been so very proud to have inherited that from her side of the family.
But I live in fear of also inheriting her Dementia,
also on her side of the family.
I lost my sweet mommy at 92 years of age in 2008.
I was her only child after several miscarriages, 
and we were so very close and connected.
There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of her,
especially when I work in the garden.
I inherited her love of all plants and animals too.
Some local flowers I picked for her grave.
And this is her view today of the Saddleback Mountain Range
 from the spot I picked for us to be together forever.
This is what our sky looks like in wintertime right after a night of rain 
with more rain coming in the forecast.
Spectacular!!
The high was 61 and it's going down to 49 tonite.
Woo Hoo!
Perfect.

Hoping and wishing for a drought free summer this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment