Wednesday, December 21, 2022

DID I MENTION...

that I saw the perfect winter knit hat on the Knit Stars newsletter last week?
The pattern calls for using up your scrap yarns in a fingering weight,
holding them double with a slip stitch design to get a marled look.
How could I possible resist? 
Love using up leftovers from other projects.  
The pattern is from a new designer,
 Ross Taylor of Twisted Ambitions Yarn.

The sweet backstory is I knit the ugliest hat for my son 
out of nasty acrylic yarns when he was a young pup.
This was before I knew about the natural fiber world of knitting yarns.
Anyways,
my son Zach recently told me he still wears that hat
 when he goes to the mountains skiing with his wife and friends.
Oh nOOOOOOOOOOO.
I was so touched that he still even has it,
 let alone wears it as a 34 year old adult.
Ha ha
What a wonderful boy I have.

Anyways I was so embarrassed for him 
and I've been looking for the perfect pattern and found it.
Even got his wife's approval on pattern and colors.
Below is Ross Taylor in his hat and the colors he used.
Pretty cool, 
huh?
 
I've been knitting on it everyday at stop lights as I run all my Xmas errands,
while waiting in line at stores,
and while waiting on my husband at his doctor appts.
I'm also trying to work on my Advent Scarf at night,
so that the hat is my daytime project.
It calls for a 6" brim that folds over to 3".
Because he recommends a 1 by 1 Twisted Rib pattern 
it's taking me FOREVER to get to 6",
but hopefully once there it should be smooth sailing as it decreases in size.
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Hope all is well with you and your family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Beverly!! Yes and no, ha ha, that seems the way I will go into 2023. I need to put up a new post soon with an update on the husbands. Thank you for asking! Do you have a blog where I can find you?

      Delete