Monday, December 19, 2022

ADVENT KNIT DAY 3 AND A BIG OOPS

Like I've said many times,
not the first time to mess up a pattern.
Above is Day 3's lovely and subtle mix of light blues and aquas.
And below is my oops.
Pattern makers always tell you how important it is to check gauge.
That means how many stitches across a row are there per inch.
The required number in this pattern is 6.
But as you can see below it looks like I only have about 5 1/4 to 5 1/2 p.i.
I really did think I had made gauge when I first started but apparently not.
I guess my tension loosened up as I kept going.
So what bad thing happened as a result?
I began running out of each color way of the previous day's yarn
 in the last row and a half before it was time to.
What to do?
Rip everything out?
NO WAY!
Ha, not me.
Way to lazy to start over again.

I got really lucky on the 3 colors I ran out of.
I scoured thru my stash and found scrap balls from other projects 
that were similar enough that it's not noticeable unless you point them out.

Designer Amanda recommended I go down a needle size for rest of project,
and tah dah,
it worked. 
 I'm no longer running out of each color.
Phee Shoo.
And I will be able to even it all out when I block it
 since it's a forgivable stretchy pattern.

OK,
back to knitting.
Oh, btw,
I started a new series on Netflix called The Empress.
Binge worthy and Fabulous!  

4 comments:

  1. The Empress was so good and there is going to be a Season 2. The English is another good one if you have Amazon Prime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sort of have Prime but many of the things you have to pay for, so I will check. Can't wait for season 2 of the Empress! I was watching behind the scenes on the filming, it was fascinating, especially the costume department. It took them a year just to shoot the first season!

      Delete
  2. that looks to be a much-used much-loved gauge ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, yes Liz, I think the gauge belonged to my mother because it seems as if I've seen it around my entire life.

      Delete