Friday, December 4, 2020

SHOUT OUT TO SIDDHANT WATWANI

It's been almost 4 years since I've taught Siddhant in my classroom
when he was in the 7th & 8th grade,
but this dear young man continues to keep in touch and check on me in my retirement.
He is now a junior in high school,
16 years old with a fresh driver's license,
frightening!
Siddhant was a challenging 7th grader in my Art Wheel class,
right Siddhant?
He definitely gave me and his other teachers a run for our money.
As an 8th grader he started to mature a bit in my Beginning 2-D course.
But as all the teachers at Whitney know, 
because we are a 7th thru 12th grade jr/sr high;
 it is the summer between the 8th and 9th grade where real changes start taking place.
Very positive changes.  
The squirreliness disappears along with the attitudes and smart months,
and the 9th graders come in as gentle as lambs.
Well most of them anyways.
LOL
  
So Sid,
it's been refreshing to see you grow into the wonderful young man you've become.
Sid tells me he's looking into a possible 12 year college program
because he wants to specialize in either cancer research or cardiothoracic surgery.
Wow!
I can't even begin to tell you how very proud I am of you,
and I wish you the very best in following your dreams.

And know how much it means to me that you continue to check the blog from time to time
 and keep me in your thoughts.

And don't forget to tell the young men who eat lunch with you outside my old classroom
 to throw away their trash!
Ha ha!!!!
( private joke)

1 comment: